Furnace Internals Designer
Profile Furnace Internals Designer
We seek Furnace Internals Designers on a regular basis for several clients within our network. Contact Mansource to discuss the most current opportunities we have available.
The key responsibility of the Furnace Internals Designer is to perform all furnace internals design activities related to 3D modelling and preparing 2D drawings. This includes performing 3D modelling and prepare 2D drawings for furnace internals piping systems and associated items, such as radiant coils, convection coils and tube sheets, X-over piping systems, refractory lined header and spring supports.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Assist other engineering disciplines with preparing 2D drawings;
- Support and/or assist other Furnace Internals Designers with the performance of their assignments;
- Support and/or assist the Senior Furnace Internals Engineer in ensuring the quality and suitability of the furnace internals piping detailed design by performing regular model and vendor document reviews;
- Review detailed design drawings prepared by third parties;
- Coordinate furnace internals related design issues with other engineering disciplines;
- Prepare furnace internals related MTO’s;
- Incorporate technical requirements in project related furnace internals standards and drawings.
Requirements Furnace Internals Designer
- Technical College or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in similar role;
- Understanding the constraints of designing (high alloy) piping systems exposed to high temperatures and operating in the creep zone.
- Knowledge of applying 3D modelling software, such as PDS Frameworks;
- Knowledge of applying 2D drafting software, such as Autocad or Microstation;
- Good command of the English language, written and spoken, Dutch and German is an advantage;
- Competences: ability to process information and analyse data, high level of accuracy, ability to work with details, ability to cope effectively with detailed information for extended periods, team player, quality awareness, result orientated.