Home > > Vacancy Material Welding Engineer
Material Welding Engineer
Profile Material Welding Engineer
We currently seek a Material Welding Engineer for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Material Welding Engineer is to coordinate, execute and control welding activities, in accordance with project requirements within the assigned budget, time schedule and quality standards. In order to do so, the Material Welding Engineer monitors cost impacts of technological solutions, the implementation of work instructions and KPI’s and specifications on materials and fabrication during the engineering and construction phases.
Tasks & responsibilities
Tasks & responsibilities
- Ensure that manufacturers, suppliers and other stakeholders comply with requirements and applicable International rules, codes, standards and procedures in developing technical qualifications, specifications, specialist technical advice and failure investigations.
- Ensure improvement and harmonization of work and methodologies and the implementation of efficient tools, based on analysis, relevant developments, best practices and lessons learned, in order to minimize deviations in terms of time and costs, errors and/or delays.
- Responsible for estimates of engineering man-hours for welding activities.
- Review the clients technical documentation and all relevant legislation, standards and code requirements.
- Define list of deliverables for Material Welding activities, in accordance with time schedule, controls activities and contract requirements.
- Prepare technical documentation preparation for engineering activities.
- Report to projects and/or proposals team.
- Carry out technical audits and evaluations dedicated to materials aspects, in order to ensure quality, compliance of materials in equipment packages and adherence to applicable project specifications.
Requirements Material Welding Engineer
- Bachelor Degree in Materials, Material Welding, Metallurgy and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience with Fabrication Yard Material Welding activities.
- Knowledge of materials processing, Material Welding, non-destructive testing materials codes and standards (AWS, ASME, API, ASTM, NACE etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of casting and forging practises.
- In possession of the International Material Welding Engineer diploma (IWE) and/or European Material Welding Engineer diploma (EWE).
- Excellent command of the English language, written and spoken.
- Competences: problem solving ability, autonomous, pro-active, good team spirit, communicative, efficient, leadership, management and technical supervision skills, flexible and strong organization skills.