Mechanical Project Supervisor
Profile Mechanical Project Supervisor
We currently seek a Mechanical Project Supervisor for one of our clients. The supervisor will be placed within the project engineering section. Small and large projects are prepared and implemented in this section. The work relates to civil, steel structure, piping, rotating and mechanical.
Tasks & responsibilities
The supervision activities relate in particular to the project-related preparatory work for the TA-2020.
- Workplace safety, monitoring compliance with established working methods and safety and environmental regulations, additional issues such as safety lists, Task Risk Analysis (TRA), work permits, LMRA cards, etc.;
- Attend toolboxes of contractors and discuss any issues related to safety during the toolbox;
- Requesting hoisting plans, checklists for hoisting work, assessing this and offering it for approval in consultation with de safety specialist.
- Quality (will be carried out according to the construction package and "common practice");
- Progress (monitoring agreements made with contractors, solving problems with third parties);
- Assisting contractors who are new to the site;
- Budget monitoring; perform work at minimal costs and with minimal disruptions in the production process, but where safety and quality are guaranteed;
- As built documentation; ensure that changes in the field are applied to the drawing;
- Participate in Construction review & kick-off meetings;
- Attending and / or deregistering meetings so that progress is discussed with all parties involved;
- Deliver project in collaboration with project manager and future owner (mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, commissioning, ready for start-up, punch list). Indicate when a partial delivery can take place or when the work is ready so that the project leader can write a meeting;
- Cost control.
Preparing all required facilities for the planned activities, including:
- Rack request and sign off;
- Cranes (jack post layout, crane position with respect to lifting plan, lifting equipment and working method);
- Additional lighting;
- Man hole guard request;
- Draft working permits for contractors without a company account;
- Order waste containers, road plates and drag line plates.
Requirements Mechanical Project Supervisor
- At least MBO Mechanical Engineering or comparable;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position in the petrochemical or chemical industry;
- Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, Roser, Unite (work permit system);
- Willing to work flexibly and in shifts;
- Can combine office work and field work perfectly and is in the right place at the right time;
- Has a team mentality but can also work independently;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written.
- Competences: stress resistant, flexible, proactive, problem-solving, communicative, meticulous, critical and can adapt to varying working conditions.