Profile Project Controller
We currently seek a Project Controller for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Project Controller is to provide effective and efficient project controls support to the assigned project and ensure that the project accurately report the current progress, spend and commitment against the approved project baseline, in line with group project management procedures.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Produce regular schedule updates to support project reporting ensuring that the current stated progress accurately reflects the current project position.
- Produce the project controls information required to populate the project highlight report.
- Develop with the Project Manager the key project risks, record these in a risk register. Continually monitor and report project Risk and Change status to maintain current forecast and update at least monthly.
- Control, monitor, analyse and report cost related aspects for designated projects.
- Provide actionable intelligence of actual versus planned performance to advise and inform the project team.
- The project schedule is regularly progressed and accurately reflects the current project position.
- Project cost and EV information is accurate and regularly updated.
- Project controls fit for purpose in accordance with Group Procedure.
- Operate the project change control process and maintain records.
- Implement the correct and appropriate cost management tool for the project in accordance with the project procedures.
- Assist in development of and use of Project Control Structures (CBS, OBS, WBS etc.).
- Create initial schedules for simple projects.
- Understand the basis of the estimate and monitor the project against this.
- Ensure all cost transactions on a project are understood and managed in an appropriate way.
- Ensure the necessary cost management interface is in place with Finance and ensure regular communications.
- Liaise with project team members and contractors with regards to progress and financial forecasting.
- Update the cost tool to comply with project Reporting Cycles.
- Monitor, control and analyse the project cost information, identify variances and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager with possible alternatives. Prepare specific reports to facilitate challenge and analysis to meet the project’s specific needs.
- Challenge cost variances against the baseline plan with individual task leaders/contractors as necessary to enable mitigation.
Requirements Project Controller
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Project management qualification such as APM PMI.
- 1- 3 years’ experience in a project controls role on a significant project(s) which includes construction.
- Project scheduling experience.
- An understanding of the use of estimating, scheduling and risk methods/tools.
- Proficient in the use of Earned Value Analysis.