Profile Project Engineer
We currently seek a Project Engineer for one of our clients. The Project Engineer combines a solid generalist understanding of a wide range of engineering disciplines, enabling the role to deliver integrated design solutions and to oversee engineering at project level of low to moderate complexity. The Project Engineer ensures design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications and legislation.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Approves supplier/subcontractor documentation on behalf of the Project Manager.
- Prepare basis of estimates for changes and work as part of the project team to ensure that these are coordinated and delivered on time.
- Ensures timely reports are made to the Project Manager regarding engineering progress, manpower requirements or concerns.
- Ensures co-ordination between all aspects of engineering, design work construction and manufacturing for delivery on site.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Construction Manager to ensure that all engineering works meet the quality and HSE requirements of the contract.
- Ensures that design and construction reviews, are carried out in accordance with client and customer procedures.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager and Construction Manager to ensure adequate resources, in terms of quality and quantity are available to ensure efficient and timely execution of construction activities in line with the schedule.
- Works within the time schedules, man-hour budgets, project policies, and specifications established for the project or contract.
- Ensure that the technical team and any 3rd party technical contractors adhere to the overall project quality plan provided by the project manager throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure that identified contractors are suitably pre-qualified/ assured for the delivery of the project or contract.
- Ensure that the technical team and any 3rd party technical contractors are suitably qualified and experienced for the designated task or role.
- Delivery of engineering/design scope to meet project safety, cost, schedule and business benefits objectives.
- Evaluate design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Work in conjunction with the project team to ensure that engineering activities are prepared in advance to meet the plan and budget requirements.
- Directs integration or technical activities and products.
- Be familiar with the basis of the estimate, scope and schedule and identify any potential changes, which may affect cost or schedule, as early as possible.
- Report in conjunction with the Project Manager and Construction Manager on all aspects of the construction, engineering and design work carried out on the contract.
- Ensure that information required is specified and collated appropriately for input to the construction process.
Requirements Project Engineer
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Professional qualification e.g. (CEng) (EUR ING) (where applicable).
- Project Management Qualification / Accreditation such as APM, PMI.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working across full design project lifecycle experience.
- Minimum 3 years Project Engineer experience.
- Minimum 3 years working within of multi-cultural teams.
- Demonstrable success in Project Engineer experience.
- Proven leadership experience and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing cost predictability.
- Experience of and be skilled in managing ambiguity and deliver plan to meet the project requirements.
- Experience of managing contractual relationships including the provision of free-issue materials, technology or IP and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing suppliers to deliver within this context.
- Demonstrable ability to work within teams of highly performing professionals, accountable for delivery of the project knowledge of leading project management techniques.
- Skilled in implementing the engineering/design strategy and deliver against appropriate objectives with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record in managing contract delivery, protecting the owner’s contractual position at all times.