Profile Reliability Engineer
Do you have experience working on reliability-related projects in the oil & gas sector aimed at improving the overall performance and longevity of assets?
Our client's asset, a Dutch energy company, has been in operation for over 20 years. The maintenance strategy has been a combination of planned and breakdown-based approaches. With a growing number of ad hoc repairs impacting the day-to-day workload of both onshore and offshore maintenance departments, we are therefore looking for a Reliability Engineer.
As a Reliability Engineer, you will produce a comprehensive reliability report that outlines a five-year timeline. The report will primarily, but not exclusively, cover the following aspects:
- Assessment and projections for process valves.
- Evaluation and projections for process rotating equipment (including compressors, pumps, and electrical motors).
- Evaluation and projections for utility rotating equipment (such as Gas Turbines, Cranes, and HVAC systems).
- Assessment and projections for hydraulic systems.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Collect, analyse, and report reliability performance data for equipment and systems.
- Provide statistical data to support decision-making for investments or modifications.
- Conduct investigations and Root Cause Analyses of past reliability incidents, ensuring that follow-up actions are specified.
- Recommend changes to existing maintenance plans based on Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles and Equipment Care Strategies (ECS).
- Identify and proactively address latent reliability threats and opportunities related to systems and equipment, prioritising and implementing mitigations or eliminations.
- Conduct regular reviews, monitor progress, and ensure adherence to agreed-upon delivery plans and reports.
- Collaborate closely with interdisciplinary teams to devise systemic solutions for operational, technical, and technological challenges that may affect the future availability and reliability of systems and equipment.
- Conduct local inspections, condition assessments, and spare parts reviews.
- Contribute to the development of the annual and life-cycle OPEx budget.
- Generate and implement maintenance improvement initiatives based on (root cause) analysis of cost drivers (maintenance costs) and technical factors affecting performance (deferment/losses), working closely with relevant stakeholders.
- Be medically fit and willing to make frequent visits to offshore installations when required, with the necessary safety training certificates.
Requirements Reliability Engineer
- Posses a technical background at the Higher Professional Education (HBO) level with critical thinking and problem-solving skills (W/E/IPB).
- Hold a VCA-VOL (Safety for Operational Supervisors) certification.
- Demonstrate a robust track record in the process industry, with a minimum of 10 years of experience, including at least 5 years in Maintenance and Reliability Engineering.
- Exhibit expertise in Reliability Engineering principles, processes, practices, and applications.
- Showcase proven skills in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode and Effect (Criticality) Analysis (FME(C)A).
- Preferably have prior experience as a reliability engineer in the oil and gas industry.
- Be proficient in using Maintenance Management Systems, ideally with expertise in Maximo or SAP, for data retrieval and reliability engineering purposes.
- Possess fluency in both written and spoken English and Dutch.
- Demonstrate general computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office programs (e.g., Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Be familiar with offshore industry regulations, ANSI/ISO standards, and quality procedures.
- Have experience in writing reports and developing improvement plans within a technical organisation.