Profile Senior Geophysicist
We currently have enough applicants!
For an oil company in South America we are recruiting for a Senior Geophysicist. You will join a young motivated exploration team who currently focus on the evaluation of the Shallow Offshore subsurface. In this team you are a team-member, coach and a mentor.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Identifying play concepts and generating exploration scale prospects using 2D and 3D seismic datasets for structural and stratigraphic interpretation.
- Conduct reservoir characterization studies, including log-to-core integration, core description, mapping, sequence stratigraphy, and conceptual geological modeling.
- Perform well planning, create well target data with reservoir and drilling engineers, generate well trajectories and load the directional data, prepare geological prognoses.
- Quantify risk and assist in the calculation of volumetric and reserve estimates.
- Apply industry standard tools to map and descirbe prospects.
- Work closely with other technical advisors from other disciplines.
Requirements Senior Geophysicist
- You are an interpretation oriented geophysicist with Master’s Degree in Geology or Geophysics.
- You have worked for several years as an Geophysicist, mainly in the exploration part of the Petroleum industry.
- Experience with Play Based Exploration workflows.
- You have experience in Play and Prospect evaluation in coastal, shallow marine and deepwater depositional systems.
- Experience in sound 2D and 3D seismic interpretation.
- Experience in seismic attribute analysis and in (Seismic to Litho) Sequence Stratigraphic interpretations.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.