Senior Project Manager
Profile Senior Project Manager
We currently seek a Senior Project Manager for one of our clients. The key responsibility of the Senior Project Manager is to advise, consult, lead and provide feedback in the development and evolvement of the Group’s Project Delivery Strategy, aligned to deliver against the Group’s objectives and strategy across its capex portfolio.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Exercise fit for purpose/fully compliant Project Management methodologies and working practices.
- Evidence that projects are incorporating industry best practice in all phases.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of Projects to meet safety, scope, cost, schedule and Business benefits objectives.
- Communicate strategy, objectives and benefits to business unit and group whilst implementing the organisational strategy to achieve maximum business benefit.
- Develop a high performance team, ensuring flawless integration of all sub-disciplines and functions throughout the project lifecycle.
- Foster and enhance owner relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Ensure Client’s commercial position is robustly protected through the application of industry best practice in contracting strategies, supplier selection, procurement, contract negotiation and contract management.
- Leveraging experience from a number of industry sectors and continuously scan the market for best practice, analysing developments and assessing how they can be exploited to further value creation/delivery/capture/protection.
- The role will ensure knowledge is retained and transferred inter-Group and undertake lessons learned reviews to promote continuous improvement in all project engineering practices.
- Ability to analyse project requirements and critical success factors and translate these into bespoke Delivery Strategies.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing strategies that successfully deliver project to Business objectives (safety, budget, cost, benefits).
- Experience of and be skilled in managing ambiguity and being confident to take accountability for delivering projects to the Business.
- Experience of managing complex contractual relationships including the provision of free-issue materials, technology or IP, able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing suppliers to deliver within this context.
- Demonstrable ability in building teams of highly performing professionals, communicating strategy and building a team accountable for the delivery of the project.
- Solid knowledge of leading project management techniques.
- Skilled in leading project teams to success with minimal supervision.
- Technical background in engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of the EPC contractor, major EPS and Construction supply markets and will have gained insights into their relative strengths and weaknesses and ability to leverage relationships with key members of supplier’s leadership teams to Client’s advantage.
- Proven track record in managing contract delivery, protecting the owner’s contractual position at all times and preventing the likelihood of claims.
Requirements Senior Project Manager
- Educated to Degree level a relevant discipline.
- MBA or equivalent.
- Project Management Qualification / Accreditation such as APM or PMI.
- Min 5 years experience being fully accountable and actively leading EPC projects (or in an owner role) as a Project Manager.
- Demonstrable experience being fully accountable for a complex, multi contract, multi-discipline project in the lead EPC role or an owner role.
- Demonstrable experience across the entire project lifecycle, from concept development to hand-over.